You will learn how to copy data using IDCAMS into various data set types
Edit, modify, and submit JCL JOB executing system utility program IDCAMS
to copy the same input data
into 6 unique data source types:
The input data source is data you modified in a previous challenge, Z#####.PDS.DATA member name MIX.
Useful Information About Copying Data
- ISPF panels are available to interactively copy data.
- ISPF DSLIST column command is available to interactively copy data.
- Unix services command ' cp ' is available to interactively copy data.
- Many z/OS utility programs are available to copy data.
z/OS utility programs can be executed interactively or using JCL.
Part 1 challenge used a z/OS utility program to copy data interactively from TSO Ready prompt.
- Writing a program in any language to copy data from a file name to a target file name,
then execute program using JCL where DD statements are used to identify the from and to data sources.
Information to help you find the correct parameters for successful execution of CH10JCL
Edit Z#####.JCL member name CH10JCL
NOTE: All occurrences of &SYSUID. are automatically replaced by your ID when submitted.
Modify JCL as follows:
- Change @@@@@ on line 000013 to an IDCAMS control statement command used to reproduce data
- Enter ISPF edit line command, ' r5 ', to replicate line 000013 5 times creating a total of 6 lines with the IDCAMS control statement command used to reproduce data
- Change each occurrence of OUTFILE(@@@@) to the respective JCL DDNAME found on lines 6 to 11
Submit JCL member name CH10JCL and view the output for successful execution.
If unsuccessful, then
1) tso submit jcl(ch09jcl) to recreate empty data set names
2) Correct JCL, submit, and view output
To complete challenge #10 - create member name #10 in P2.OUTPUT with successful results
Use XDC to print content of DDNAME SYSTSPRT StepName RESULT to P2.OUTPUT member name #10 as follows:
Browse P2.OUTPUT(#10) to validate data set name allocation attributes for the 6 unique data set types
are in the #10 member name.
P2.OUTPUT(#10) will include REC-TOTAL--------------8 in the STATISTICS section of the VSAM data set attribute output.
If you edit or view the VSAM cluster names, you can view the data copied.
You are ready for the next challenge!.